Unknown Domain

Twitter Display V1

The following is almost all the details you would need to manufacture the original display, including the original files, these are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, however I would suggest not building this except if you realise it won't work as anything more than an ornament, the accuracy of a servo motor is not suitable.

Speaking of servo motors it was supplied by Maplin, and was a generic model however it was hacked for continuous rotation. I used an Arduino Diecimila to run the motor for a random period of time and stop to make it look like it might if it worked.

The following is the vector PDF of the file used to cut the main structure on the laser cutter, the material used is 5mm acrylic from a supplier called Plastic Online, there is an error in the design which meant the servo mounting plate was useless and I replaced the square with the round hole for the axel.

The following is the vector PDF of the file used to cut the flaps on the laser cutter, the material used is polypropylene from a supplier called Sea White of Brighton.

The following is the vector PDF of the files cut on the Craft Robo which made the vinyl appliqués, materials from this site: MDP Supplies

More images of the unit in progress and after, and in action...